- Bird flu also called avain influenza is a viral infection that can infect not only Birds , but also human and other animals.
- H5N1 is the most common form of bird flu . It is deadly to birds can easly affects humans and other animals that come in contact with a carrier.
- H5N1 ( H5N1 stands for a type of influenza virus that cause a highly infections , severe respiratory diseases in bird called avian influenza. )
- According to the WHO H5N1 was first discovered in Human in 1997 and has killed nearly 60% of those infection.
- Currently the virus is not known spread in human contact.
- Still, some experts worry that H5N1 may pose a risk of becoming a pandemic threat to humans .
- There are many symptoms such as-
- Respiratory difficulties.
- Fever(over 100.4’F OR 38’C ).
- Muchele ache.
- Runny nose.
- Sore throat.
- H5N1 occurs naturally in wild waterfoul but it can spread easily to domastic poultry.
- The diseases is transmitted to humans through contact with infected bird , feces , nasal secretion or secreation from mouth to eyes.
- Consuming cooked poultry from infected birds does not transmit the birds flu.
- Meat is considered safe it has been cooked to internal temperature of 165’F & 73.6’C.
Risk factor :-
- Bird infected this virus, continue to release the virus in feces and saliva for as 10 days.
- Touching may have a grater risk of contracting H5N1 if you are-
> a poultry farmer .
> a traveler visiting affected areas .
> exposed to infected bird.
> healthcare worker.
- The test is called influenza A/H5 virus real time RT-PCR primer and probe set.
- Auscultation (a test that detects abnormal breath sound )
- WBC differential.
- Nasopharyngeal culture.
- Chest X-RAY.
- Different type of bird flu can cause different symptoms. As a result , treatment are different.
- In some cases , gives antiviral medicine, such as OSELTAMIVIR , PERAMIVIR , ZANAMIVIR , are use to treat birds flu diseases.
- The medicine taken within 4 to 8 hours, after symptoms first appears.
Prevantation and control :-
- Doctors may recommended you get a flu short so that you don’t also get a human strain of influnza.
- The CDC has issued no recommendations against travelling to countries that are affected by H5N1.
- How ever you can minimize your risk by avoiding
> open air markets.
> contect with infected birds.
> under cooked poultry.
- To maintain good hygiene and wash your hands regularly.
- The FDA has approved a vaccine designed to protect against the avain flu.
- The vaccine isn’t currently available to the public.
- Experts recommended that the vaccine be used if H5N1 begins to spread among people.